Vegan Baking: Chocoholic
The vegan baking classes are very popular and this new class will focus on baking with chocolate. It's been designed to show different ways of replacing eggs in baking such as using flaxseed and aqua faba. It covers how to melt chocolate without it burning or seizing, what to look for in a vegan white chocolate, and different ways of using chocolate such as ganache, glaze and buttercream to decorate so your baking not only tastes but also looks amazing.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- bake and dip chocolate doughnuts
- bake a marble cake and decorate with a rich dark and white marbled ganache
- bake triple chocolate cupcakes
- make a delicious Swiss meringue chocolate buttercream
- bake rich American-style Smore's brownies
- use a blowtorch on marshmallows (easily my favourite bit)
Everything used in the kitchen is vegan and the class will address the specific challenges of dairy-free, egg-free vegan baking. Recipes and notes will be provided and you will take home six chocolate doughnuts, a marbled chocolate loaf cake, a dozen chocolate cupcakes and a batch of brownies that you've baked and decorated yourself.
Everything needed for the class will be provided. The cost of the class is £85 per person. Class size is up to 2 people. Sorry, this class is not suitable for under-16s. To book a place please get in touch.